As a Border Patrol Agent, you are focused 24/7 on securing our international land border and coastal waters, safeguarding the American people from terrorists and their weapons, drug smuggling and illegal entry of undocumented aliens. Click the quick links on the right to learn more about the Border Patrol career.
As a Border Patrol Agent, you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Typical assignments include:
- Patrolling international land borders and coastal waters
- Detecting and preventing the illegal entry and smuggling of aliens into the United States
- Detecting and preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering into the United States
- Preventing the illegal trafficking of people, narcotics and contraband into the United States
Typical Border Patrol activities include:
- Detecting, preventing, and apprehending undocumented aliens, smugglers of aliens, and illegal narcotics at or near the land borders by maintaining surveillance from covert positions
- Responding to electronic sensor alarms in remote areas
- Interpreting and following tracks, marks and other physical evidence of illegal aliens and smugglers
- Using cutting edge technology, such as infrared scopes during night-time operations
- Performing linewatch duties, traffic checkpoint operations, city patrols, transportation checks and other law enforcement duties, as assigned
- Communicating and/or giving verbal commands in Spanish to Spanish-speaking illegal aliens and smugglers
For more information, visit our career website.